History

Founded in the 1890's by T.P. Whelehan who was a community pharmacist, the business was passed onto his son, also a pharmacist, who, in the process of expansion, acquired a number of Sole Agency distribution agreements for the Irish market.

Initially located in Dublin's city centre, the business quickly outgrew the accommodation and a site in the northern suburb of Finglas was subsequently acquired in 1956. Our offices are now in Clonnee with a number of different warehouses for our product lines.

In 1963 the Company acquired the Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Wholesaler, Boileau & Boyd Limited which was established in 1700.

In November 1987 Perrans Distributors Limited was acquired.

 

In 2010 TP Whelehan was sold to Verbena Ltd, a 100% Irish owned company. We have continued to work with our existing principles while continuing to grow and acquire new agencies for the Irish market.

 

 

 

 

 

Long trading history
Wide and diversified product range and markets
Many well known brands
Broad customer base
Excellent reputation locally and internationally

 

 

© 2017 TP Whelehan
  • Suite 11 & 12 Bunkilla Plaza  Bracetown Business Park Clonee Co Meath
  • Phone: +353 1 4688900
  • Fax: +353 1 8344824
  • Email: info@tpwhelehan.ie